At GE, we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our online services. Therefore, as outlined below, we would like to share with you our information practices and other privacy aspects of our GE.com.au website.
How do we protect your personal information?
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration by using industry-recognised security safeguards. To protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you visit our website or use our contact page, we collect the following types of information:
- Contact information that you provide in the email to us.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information about you from your use of the GE website.
When do we share your information?
We understand that you are entrusting us with your personal information. That’s why we don’t sell, rent, or share any of the personal information you provide to us with outside companies for their own promotional or marketing use. There are occasions, however, where we must share your information to provide you with the services you requested or for legal reasons.
For example we may have to share your information with third party Service Providers. In some cases, we use third party service providers to do things like maintain our website. These service providers act on our behalf. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information for their own purposes. Our contracts only allow service providers to use the personal information we disclose to them to provide you the service you have requested.
Sometimes we are required to release your information for legal reasons. In some cases we may be required to disclose certain information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law enforcement request, or as otherwise permitted by law to comply with legal requirements.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Dealing with GE online
If you visit the GE Web Site to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. These web site logs are not personally identifiable and GE makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
We cannot guarantee or accept responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of web sites to which we provide links.
Will I be notified of changes to your privacy practices?
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the GE website. If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update our statement and post a notice on our site 30 days before they take effect.
Who can I contact with a privacy question?
If you have privacy-related questions that are not addressed here, please contact us by writing us an email at – email@example.com
GE Anti-Spam Statement
GE is committed to observing and complying with its obligations at all times in Australia under the Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth of Australia). GE does not endorse or use spam in any shape or form. However, GE may send out commercial electronic messages to you for promotional purposes or to update you on any changes in GE services and policies.
Commercial electronic messages sent by GE should meet the following conditions as required by the Spam Act 2003. Any messages sent to you which does not meet these three (3) conditions is categorised as spam:
- Consent. It must be sent with your consent. You may give your consent expressly or consent may be inferred from your conduct and existing transactional relationship.
- Identity. It must contain accurate information about the person or organisation that authorised the sending of the message.
- Unsubscribe. It must contain a function unsubscribe facility to allow you to opt out from receiving messages from us in the future.
For the purposes of this Anti-Spam Statement, the term “subject country” means the country from which you are accessing the GE website.
GE assures you that:
- It has drafted an internal policy to educate GE staff and representatives and implement clear guidelines and rules in relation to the dissemination of commercial electronic messages.
- You are at liberty to unsubscribe from any mailing list to which you have previously subscribed.
- If for any reason there appears to be no facility to be removed from the mailing list, please send us an email advising us of your wish to unsubscribe or call us by telephone and request to speak with our Spam Policy Administrator. Please refer to our “Contact Us” page of this website for our contact details.
- GE will not use address-harvesting software for any reason whatsoever.
To assist GE to combat spam, we request your assistance with the following:
- If you receive an offensive or unauthorised commercial message, which appears to originate from a GE e-mail address, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately on the above contact details.
- Please ensure that you unsubscribe from any of the GE mailing lists if you decide that you no longer wish to receive electronic commercial messages from GE or its contracted third parties.
- If you do subscribe to our mailing list, please ensure that we have your current details at all times, by either updating us on any change in or cancellation of your e-mail address.